Bihar BJP launches Satyagraha
Patna: Bihar unit of BJP Monday launched
state-wide Satygraha protesting against the midnight police crackdown on yoga guru Baba Ramdev and his supporters at the
Ramlila grounds in New Delhi on Saturday.
BJP activists held demonstrations at all the district headquarters against the UPA government`s `brutality` on the people`s democratic movement against corruption.
Senior party leaders held a dharna at the J P
roundabout here. Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi, senior BJP
MLAs Arun Sinha, Nitin Navin, Amrendra Pratap Singh and
Brajesh Singh Raman also participated in the sit-in.
Modi said though being Deputy Chief Minister, he was
participating in the agitation in support of Ramdev as an
attempt had been made by the Centre and the Congress to gag
one`s voice and freedom of expression.
The midnight police crackdown on Ramdev and his supporters reminded the people the days of Emergency which had
also been enforced in the month of June, he said.
He accused Congress leader Digvijay Singh of making
`insulting` remarks against Ramdev at the behest of Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
"The government is trying to insult Gandhian Anna
Hazare and Ramdev for standing against corruption and bringing
the black money stashed away in banks abroad back to India. We
will not not tolerate it," he said.
"The brute use of force against Ramdev and his
supporters is not not only attack on fundamental right of an
individual but also a blow to the spirit of democracy", Modi
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!