Bihar BJP launches Satyagraha
Patna: Bihar unit of BJP Monday launched
state-wide Satygraha protesting against the midnight police crackdown on yoga guru Baba Ramdev and his supporters at the
Ramlila grounds in New Delhi on Saturday.
BJP activists held demonstrations at all the district headquarters against the UPA government`s `brutality` on the people`s democratic movement against corruption.
Senior party leaders held a dharna at the J P
roundabout here. Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi, senior BJP
MLAs Arun Sinha, Nitin Navin, Amrendra Pratap Singh and
Brajesh Singh Raman also participated in the sit-in.
Modi said though being Deputy Chief Minister, he was
participating in the agitation in support of Ramdev as an
attempt had been made by the Centre and the Congress to gag
one`s voice and freedom of expression.
The midnight police crackdown on Ramdev and his supporters reminded the people the days of Emergency which had
also been enforced in the month of June, he said.
He accused Congress leader Digvijay Singh of making
`insulting` remarks against Ramdev at the behest of Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
"The government is trying to insult Gandhian Anna
Hazare and Ramdev for standing against corruption and bringing
the black money stashed away in banks abroad back to India. We
will not not tolerate it," he said.
"The brute use of force against Ramdev and his
supporters is not not only attack on fundamental right of an
individual but also a blow to the spirit of democracy", Modi
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state