Bihar BJP launches Satyagraha
Patna: Bihar unit of BJP Monday launched
state-wide Satygraha protesting against the midnight police crackdown on yoga guru Baba Ramdev and his supporters at the
Ramlila grounds in New Delhi on Saturday.
BJP activists held demonstrations at all the district headquarters against the UPA government`s `brutality` on the people`s democratic movement against corruption.
Senior party leaders held a dharna at the J P
roundabout here. Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi, senior BJP
MLAs Arun Sinha, Nitin Navin, Amrendra Pratap Singh and
Brajesh Singh Raman also participated in the sit-in.
Modi said though being Deputy Chief Minister, he was
participating in the agitation in support of Ramdev as an
attempt had been made by the Centre and the Congress to gag
one`s voice and freedom of expression.
The midnight police crackdown on Ramdev and his supporters reminded the people the days of Emergency which had
also been enforced in the month of June, he said.
He accused Congress leader Digvijay Singh of making
`insulting` remarks against Ramdev at the behest of Prime
Minister Manmohan Singh and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi.
"The government is trying to insult Gandhian Anna
Hazare and Ramdev for standing against corruption and bringing
the black money stashed away in banks abroad back to India. We
will not not tolerate it," he said.
"The brute use of force against Ramdev and his
supporters is not not only attack on fundamental right of an
individual but also a blow to the spirit of democracy", Modi
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- More typhoons expected in China next month
- Raghuram Rajan, Arvind Subramanian 'foisted' on India by Americans: Swamy
- Former French President Nicolas Sarkozy terms burkini as 'provocation' that supports radical Islam
- Being obese can cause 13 types of cancer, say scientists
- All you want to know about Krishna Janmashtami: Muhurat, puja vidhi and timings!