Bihar BJP leader alleges conspiracy by Nitish against Modi
Ahmedabad/Patna: As allegations and counter- allegations flew thick and fast, a senior Bihar BJP leader on Sunday alleged that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had hatched a conspiracy to eliminate Narendra Modi by giving free hand to terrorist organisations, a charge rubbished by the ruling JD(U).
"I am levelling a straight-forward allegation that Nitish Kumar was hatching a conspiracy by giving free hand to Indian Mujahideen to eliminate Narendra Modi," Giriraj Singh said at a cultural function in Ahmedabad attended by Modi.
In Patna, Food Minister Shyam Rajak dismissed as totally baseless Singh`s allegation and accused him of "acting like a Pakistan agent".
JD(U) spokesperson Rajiv Ranjan described Singh`s charge as "totally irresponsible. The BJP should come clean on this".
Speaking at the programme, Modi lauded the people of Bihar for showing immense mental strength and courage in Patna on October 27 when blasts rocked the state capital.
Modi said, "What I saw in Patna on October 27 showed me the strength of the people of Bihar and I salute them. There were bombs but people were helping the injured and returning to the public meeting. Imagine the mental strength of the people of Bihar! And one need not view what happened that time only from a political view. The strength of the people was beyond that."
Singh`s allegations came within days of Bihar Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh describing Modi as the the country`s "biggest terrorist".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city