Bihar BJP leader alleges conspiracy by Nitish against Modi
Ahmedabad/Patna: As allegations and counter- allegations flew thick and fast, a senior Bihar BJP leader on Sunday alleged that Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had hatched a conspiracy to eliminate Narendra Modi by giving free hand to terrorist organisations, a charge rubbished by the ruling JD(U).
"I am levelling a straight-forward allegation that Nitish Kumar was hatching a conspiracy by giving free hand to Indian Mujahideen to eliminate Narendra Modi," Giriraj Singh said at a cultural function in Ahmedabad attended by Modi.
In Patna, Food Minister Shyam Rajak dismissed as totally baseless Singh`s allegation and accused him of "acting like a Pakistan agent".
JD(U) spokesperson Rajiv Ranjan described Singh`s charge as "totally irresponsible. The BJP should come clean on this".
Speaking at the programme, Modi lauded the people of Bihar for showing immense mental strength and courage in Patna on October 27 when blasts rocked the state capital.
Modi said, "What I saw in Patna on October 27 showed me the strength of the people of Bihar and I salute them. There were bombs but people were helping the injured and returning to the public meeting. Imagine the mental strength of the people of Bihar! And one need not view what happened that time only from a political view. The strength of the people was beyond that."
Singh`s allegations came within days of Bihar Agriculture Minister Narendra Singh describing Modi as the the country`s "biggest terrorist".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh