Bihar BJP leader quits party posts and electoral politics
Patna: BJP senior leader Chandra Mohan Rai Thursday quit party posts and announced retirement from electoral politics to protest denial of ticket from Valmiki Nagar parliamentary seat as well total sway of the state unit by a `coterie of leaders`.
"I stand by my decision to quit as member of the BJP national executive, state election committee and so called core committee of the party in Bihar as communicated to the national president Rajnath Singh in a letter yesterday," Rai, who was the Public Health and Engineering Department minister in the erstwhile NDA government, told reporters here.
"I have also decided to retire from electoral politics as I don`t intend to contest either Lok Sabha or state assembly polls in future," the 65 year-old BJP leader said.
On the outcome of his letter to the BJP national president, Rai said that the central leadership was yet to respond to concerns raised by him and he was not optimistic that the issues will be dealt with.
"Certain BJP leaders have been running the party in Bihar like a gang of which the incumbent state unit president (Mangal Pandey) happens to be a rubber stamp," he said.Rai declined to name the leaders who were part of the gang.
"I am afraid to say that despite `NaMo lehar (wave), the BJP will not attain its target and fall short by five seats due to poor candidate selection and mismanagement of the affairs by a coterie of leaders," Rai claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- French Chevalier award winner Kamal Haasan is Sivaji of our generation: Rajinikanth
- 'Mohenjo Daro' collections: Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde's period drama rakes in Rs 55 cr so far!
- Japan protests to Russia over man detained on disputed island
- I gossiped about Hollywood with Nathan Jones: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Tribal community members in Goa narrate their woes to Arvind Kejriwal