Bihar BJP leader quits party posts and electoral politics
Patna: BJP senior leader Chandra Mohan Rai Thursday quit party posts and announced retirement from electoral politics to protest denial of ticket from Valmiki Nagar parliamentary seat as well total sway of the state unit by a `coterie of leaders`.
"I stand by my decision to quit as member of the BJP national executive, state election committee and so called core committee of the party in Bihar as communicated to the national president Rajnath Singh in a letter yesterday," Rai, who was the Public Health and Engineering Department minister in the erstwhile NDA government, told reporters here.
"I have also decided to retire from electoral politics as I don`t intend to contest either Lok Sabha or state assembly polls in future," the 65 year-old BJP leader said.
On the outcome of his letter to the BJP national president, Rai said that the central leadership was yet to respond to concerns raised by him and he was not optimistic that the issues will be dealt with.
"Certain BJP leaders have been running the party in Bihar like a gang of which the incumbent state unit president (Mangal Pandey) happens to be a rubber stamp," he said.Rai declined to name the leaders who were part of the gang.
"I am afraid to say that despite `NaMo lehar (wave), the BJP will not attain its target and fall short by five seats due to poor candidate selection and mismanagement of the affairs by a coterie of leaders," Rai claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?