Bihar BJP minister lashes out at Nitish
Patna: In a sign of fissure in the
ruling NDA in Bihar, a BJP minister on Sunday lashed out at Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar for "suddenly discovering" that his
Gujarat counterpart was "communal".
Apparently referring to Kumar`s plan to build a
secular image ahead of the assembly polls, state Cooperative
Minister Giriraj Singh said, "How come he treat BJP as his
friend with its icon Modi being unacceptable."
"The chief minister has been trying to create a
secular image for himself by publicly distancing from Modi,"
he told reporters here.
Singh`s outburst comes a day after Kumar cancelled a
dinner party yesterday for BJP top brass in disapproval of an
advertisement featuring him with Modi and another on Gujarat`s
aid during the floods in Bihar two years ago.
"Kumar had never raised his antipathy for Modi in the
past when he was a minister in the NDA government at Centre
from 1998-2004, while the latter was the organising secretary
and later General secretary of BJP before being elevated as
Gujarat chief minister," Singh said.
He also claimed that Kumar became the chief minister
because of BJP`s help in 2005 when there was an alleged
internal bickering among JD-U leaders for accepting him as
According to him, BJP was not sharing power with Kumar
for the sake of power or office but to keep the "anarchic
forces" at bay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey