Bihar BJP minister lashes out at Nitish
Patna: In a sign of fissure in the
ruling NDA in Bihar, a BJP minister on Sunday lashed out at Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar for "suddenly discovering" that his
Gujarat counterpart was "communal".
Apparently referring to Kumar`s plan to build a
secular image ahead of the assembly polls, state Cooperative
Minister Giriraj Singh said, "How come he treat BJP as his
friend with its icon Modi being unacceptable."
"The chief minister has been trying to create a
secular image for himself by publicly distancing from Modi,"
he told reporters here.
Singh`s outburst comes a day after Kumar cancelled a
dinner party yesterday for BJP top brass in disapproval of an
advertisement featuring him with Modi and another on Gujarat`s
aid during the floods in Bihar two years ago.
"Kumar had never raised his antipathy for Modi in the
past when he was a minister in the NDA government at Centre
from 1998-2004, while the latter was the organising secretary
and later General secretary of BJP before being elevated as
Gujarat chief minister," Singh said.
He also claimed that Kumar became the chief minister
because of BJP`s help in 2005 when there was an alleged
internal bickering among JD-U leaders for accepting him as
According to him, BJP was not sharing power with Kumar
for the sake of power or office but to keep the "anarchic
forces" at bay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore