Bihar: BJP MLA caught in dilemma over family and party loyalty
Patna: Torn between party loyalty and family bonds, BJP MLA Vinay Kumar Singh has moved out of Saran district ahead of the August 21 Assembly by-poll in Bihar.
Singh, who represents Sonepur, is in a catch-22 situation as rival RJD has fielded his son-in-law Randhir Singh in the neighbouring Chapra constituency. JD(U) and Congress are also supporting his candidature as secular alliance partners.
BJP has fielded Kanhiaya Singh from the seat which was vacated by Janardan Singh Sigriwal who won the Lok Sabha poll on BJP ticket.
"It is indeed a difficult situation for me ...Considering my plight the party has shifted me for campaigning to Mohiuddinnagar seat in Samastipur which will also see byelection on August 21," he said.
Asked if his son-in-law has his blessings, Singh laughed and said over phone from Mohiuddinnagar "He is mature and has neither approached me nor talked to me about the by-poll."
Randhir Singh is the son of former RJD MP Prabhunath Singh.
Asked if his family and supporters were working for BJP or his son-in-law, he said: "Its democracy and everybody has independence to think what is best for him and vote."
In reply to a question about the likely outcome of the by-election in Chapra, Singh said he has no idea as he has been away from the constituency.
Singh had defeated former chief minister Rabri Devi to win from Sonepur in the 2010 Assembly poll.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know