Bihar: BJP MLA`s role under scanner in murder case
Patna: Ruling BJP MLA Asha Sinha`s role
is being probed in a murder case after eight persons accused
in the case were found traveling in her vehicle and arrested.
Three motorcycle-borne gunmen shot dead a man,
identified as Harish Pawan, in Garikhana locality here on
Saturday, the police said.
Pawan`s mother Uma Devi complained to police that some
armed persons had visited her home at Garikhana a day before
the incident in the same vehicle and threatened her son with
She alleged "Everything has been done at her
"We have now decided to question the MLA," the sources
said. The MLA, Sinha, however, denied the charges.
A few hours after Harish was murdered, police had
seized an SUV of the legislator in which the accused persons
Two country-made pistols, a foreign-made pistol, 12
rounds of ammunition, Rs 35,000 in cash and eight cellphones
were also seized during the operation, they said.
The MLA, claimed she had a wedding function to attend
at Khagaul on Saturday evening and was getting ready inside
her house at Sarari when "I got the shocking news of the
arrest of my driver with some persons with firearms", she
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’