Bihar BJP roots for Modi as prime ministerial candidate
Patna: BJP workers in Bihar on Thursday rooted for Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as the party`s prime ministerial candidate in the 2014 general elections.
The BJP workers also demanded that Modi be invited to Bihar during a meeting of Yuva Morcha led by party-incharge Ananth Kumar, state unit president C P Thakur and deputy chief minister S K Modi.
They raised slogans in favour of the Gujarat chief minister during a BJP youth conference held on the occasion of 111th birth anniversary of socialist leader Jai Prakash Narayan.
Kumar in his speech asked BJP workers of both Gujarat and Bihar to work together to dethrone the Congress-led UPA government in the next general elections.
BJYM leader from Bhagalpur district, Lalan Kumar said the Gujarat chief minister exuded confidence essential for providing leadership needed by both BJP and the country.
Modi had led Gujarat to "economic boom" with his confidence and leadership during his over a decade-long stint as chief minister and would do the same for the country if made the prime minister, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read