Bihar blasts: Four sent to jail
Patna: Four of the six people detained by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) in Bihar`s Lakhisarai district in connection with the Oct 27 Patna serial blasts, were sent to jail Saturday.
The NIA has detained six people and seized hundreds of bank passbooks, ATM cards and other documents in Lakhisarai, about 150 km from here during raids at several places Friday night following intelligence agencies` information, a police official said.
"After interrogation, four of the six were sent to jail on charge of providing financial help to terror suspects after they were produced in court," the official said.
During raids, the NIA recovered 300 passbooks, 30 ATM cards and other documents related to suspicious money transaction, the official said.
The NIA suspects that those detained have links with terrorists in and outside the country.
"The NIA is also scanning their mobile phone details to ascertain their connection with people based in Pakistan and other countries" police said.
According to police sources, the NIA is likely to conduct raids in some places in neighbouring Jharkhand and Karnataka in the coming days.
In the past three days, the NIA conducted raids at several places in Bihar in search of the suspects involved in the blasts, police said.
Earlier this week, Bihar Police formally handed over investigation of the serial blasts to the NIA.
The NIA also raided Muzaffarpur and Motihari in search of suspects.
Seven people, including a suspect in the seventh bomb explosion at the Patna railway station, were killed and nearly 100 injured in the blasts ahead of the Bharatiya Janata Party`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi`s rally.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof