Bihar: Boat capsizes, over a dozen missing
Motihari: A minor girl drowned and over 12 people went missing on Thursday when an overcrowded boat, ferrying about 35 passengers, capsized in Gandak river near Semra ghat in Bihar`s East Champaran district.
Sub-divisional officer Chakia, Ramandeep Chaudhary said that a five-month-old girl, identified as Preeti, was drowned, while over a dozen other people were missing, he said.
Divers have been pressed into service to find out the missing people, he said, adding that the remaining passengers were believed to have swam to safety.
Meanwhile, district magistrate Abhijit Sinha, along with other civil and police officials, are camping at the spot to supervise rescue operations, the SDO said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video