Bihar boy clears Class 12 after cracking IIT-JEE
Patna: After cracking the highly competitive Indian Institute of Technology-Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE), Satyam Kumar, the 12-and-half-year-old boy from Bihar has now passed Class 12 with 85 percent marks.
Satyam has become the youngest in the country to clear the Class 12 Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) examination, family sources Tuesday claimed.
Satyam, a resident of Bakhorapur village in Bhojpur district, cleared IIT-JEE from the Mumbai zone with an all-India rank of 8,137. He has been the youngest yet to crack what is considered to be the toughest qualifying exam in the country.
Satyam is currently studying in Rajasthan`s Kota town, well-known for its IIT-JEE coaching centres. He stays with his younger brother and uncle. Satyam had also done his Class 10 from Modern School in Kota.
"We are happy and celebrating his rare success. After all, it is a matter of pride for the family, village and the state," Satyam`s uncle Rampukar Singh told reporters over telephone.
Singh said, "CBSE officials informed us that Satyam is the youngest to clear Class 12. The entire village is upbeat because he has become a role model for others."
The village celebrated his success by bursting firecrackers and consuming sweets when he cracked IIT-JEE May 18.
Satyam is busy preparing for next year`s IIT-JEE. After cracking IIT-JEE this year, he made it clear that he would not join IIT because of his poor rank. He will attempt next year for a better rank.
Kumar`s father, Sidhnath Singh, a farmer, is proud of him.
He said his son was intelligent since early childhood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Kusal Mendis inspires Sri Lanka to a 196-run lead over Australia on a topsy-turvy 3rd day
- Former BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu to join AAP on August 15?
- Bank employees to go on strike on Friday, services to be hit
- Avg 49 days of employment generated in 2015-16 under MGNREGA: Govt
- Turkey`s post-coup purge: almost 16,000 detained, 50,000 fired