Bihar Cabinet approves private universities bill
Patna: Bihar government on Monday approved the private universities Bill to clear the decks for setting up private institutions for higher education.
The decision was taken at a cabinet meeting headed by Chief Minister Nitish Kumar, sources said.
Under the provisions of the proposed legislation, a private university could be set up over five acres land in the municipal area, while the requirement of land has been fixed at 10 acre in non-municipal areas, they said.
In another significant decision, the state government sanctioned the Ganga Expressway project in the state capital between Digha to Kachchi Dargah areas with an estimated cost of Rs 3,160 crore, the sources said.
The Ganga Expressway project will be constructed on the PPP mode in three years and the state government will seek Rs 2,000 crore loan from the public sector lender HUDCO, they said.
The state government also approved the Bihar sports association registration, affiliation and regulation act, 2013 and also granted sanction to amendment in the Bihar Cooperative Societies Act, 1935 to pave the way for 50 per cent seats in cooperative bodies to the women.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata