Bihar celebrates 65th Republic Day
Patna: The Republic Day was celebrated across Bihar Sunday, with Governor D.Y. Patil hoisting the tricolour here under a clear sky.
The governor oversaw an impressive parade by security forces and, in a short speech, lauded the government for development activities and combating corruption and crime.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar hoisted the tricolour at his official residence here.
Celebrations took place in major towns, with thousands thronging every venue.
Maoists put up black flags in Gaya, Aurangabad, Jamui and Banka districts to protest against the Republic Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...