Bihar celebrates 65th Republic Day
Patna: The Republic Day was celebrated across Bihar Sunday, with Governor D.Y. Patil hoisting the tricolour here under a clear sky.
The governor oversaw an impressive parade by security forces and, in a short speech, lauded the government for development activities and combating corruption and crime.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar hoisted the tricolour at his official residence here.
Celebrations took place in major towns, with thousands thronging every venue.
Maoists put up black flags in Gaya, Aurangabad, Jamui and Banka districts to protest against the Republic Day.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof