Bihar: Close aide of Lalu Prasad joins JD(U)
Patna: Shakeel Ahmed Khan, a senior
member in the erstwhile Rabri Devi cabinet and a confidante of
RJD supremo Lalu Prasad, on Friday joined the ruling JD(U) in
presence of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar.
Khan, a senior lawyer and erstwhile RJD spokesman had
resigned from the primary membership of the party last week.
He said he was impressed with the work being carried
out under the leadership of Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and
described him as `committed, secular, excellent planner,
intelligent orator and excellent executor`.
On the opposition`s campaign against alleged
irregularities in the allotment of land by Bihar Industrial
Area Development Authority (BIADA), Khan said "I as a lawyer
and a politician and firmly believe that the allotment has
been done in keeping with the settled norms and by the Project
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video