Bihar CM asks officials for assist flood and drought victims
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister, Nitish Kumar
on Saturday asked all district magistrates and divisional
commissioners to provide immediate assistance and relief to
the families affected by floods or drought without bias.
"Reach the assistance to the people effected either by
floods or by floods immediately without any bias," Kumar told
the officials through vide-conferencing while reviwing the
flood and drought situation facing some parts of the state.
While deficient rains have caused drought in vast
areas, some areas in Kosi and Mithilanchal belts are facing
flood related problems.
Addressing the meeting, Kumar asked the officials to
ensure that relief and rescue operations should not not suffer
after the model code of conduct for elections coming into
force in Bihar.
He said the state government had decided to provide
subsidy of Rs 20 per litre of diesel to farmers in the wake of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagwant Mann smells of alcohol, can't sit next to him: Suspended AAP MP Harinder Khalsa
- Simply irresistible! You cannot take your eyes off majestic Priyanka Chopra on Flaunt cover- See it to believe it
- Varun Dhawan, Jacqueline and John Abraham run for their lives in new 'Dishoom' POSTER? Pic inside
- Ruling due on whether IMF chief to face trial in France
- Vodafone reports better-than-expected 2.2% rise in Q1 revenue