Bihar CM asks officials for assist flood and drought victims
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister, Nitish Kumar
on Saturday asked all district magistrates and divisional
commissioners to provide immediate assistance and relief to
the families affected by floods or drought without bias.
"Reach the assistance to the people effected either by
floods or by floods immediately without any bias," Kumar told
the officials through vide-conferencing while reviwing the
flood and drought situation facing some parts of the state.
While deficient rains have caused drought in vast
areas, some areas in Kosi and Mithilanchal belts are facing
flood related problems.
Addressing the meeting, Kumar asked the officials to
ensure that relief and rescue operations should not not suffer
after the model code of conduct for elections coming into
force in Bihar.
He said the state government had decided to provide
subsidy of Rs 20 per litre of diesel to farmers in the wake of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda