Bihar CM asks officials for assist flood and drought victims
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister, Nitish Kumar
on Saturday asked all district magistrates and divisional
commissioners to provide immediate assistance and relief to
the families affected by floods or drought without bias.
"Reach the assistance to the people effected either by
floods or by floods immediately without any bias," Kumar told
the officials through vide-conferencing while reviwing the
flood and drought situation facing some parts of the state.
While deficient rains have caused drought in vast
areas, some areas in Kosi and Mithilanchal belts are facing
flood related problems.
Addressing the meeting, Kumar asked the officials to
ensure that relief and rescue operations should not not suffer
after the model code of conduct for elections coming into
force in Bihar.
He said the state government had decided to provide
subsidy of Rs 20 per litre of diesel to farmers in the wake of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’