Bihar CM asks officials for assist flood and drought victims
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister, Nitish Kumar
on Saturday asked all district magistrates and divisional
commissioners to provide immediate assistance and relief to
the families affected by floods or drought without bias.
"Reach the assistance to the people effected either by
floods or by floods immediately without any bias," Kumar told
the officials through vide-conferencing while reviwing the
flood and drought situation facing some parts of the state.
While deficient rains have caused drought in vast
areas, some areas in Kosi and Mithilanchal belts are facing
flood related problems.
Addressing the meeting, Kumar asked the officials to
ensure that relief and rescue operations should not not suffer
after the model code of conduct for elections coming into
force in Bihar.
He said the state government had decided to provide
subsidy of Rs 20 per litre of diesel to farmers in the wake of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II