Bihar CM criticises Centre over Thomas verdict
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Thursday hailed as "historic" the quashing of the appointment of
CVC PJ Thomas by the Supreme Court and said the Centre had
never faced such an embarrassment.
Welcoming the judgement as "historic and important",
Kumar said, "Never before such situation occurred at the
national level. The Centre has also not faced such an
The chief minister said the verdict had proved beyond
doubt that the democracy of the country was "very very
"The Centre in this case has deliberately overlooked the
facts and later defended the decision. Now it is for the
Centre to decide what steps it wants to take in future."
Ridiculing the Centre, Kumar said, "The judgement is like
kirkiri (particle of dust) falling in the eyes of Centre."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3