Bihar CM criticises Centre over Thomas verdict
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Thursday hailed as "historic" the quashing of the appointment of
CVC PJ Thomas by the Supreme Court and said the Centre had
never faced such an embarrassment.
Welcoming the judgement as "historic and important",
Kumar said, "Never before such situation occurred at the
national level. The Centre has also not faced such an
The chief minister said the verdict had proved beyond
doubt that the democracy of the country was "very very
"The Centre in this case has deliberately overlooked the
facts and later defended the decision. Now it is for the
Centre to decide what steps it wants to take in future."
Ridiculing the Centre, Kumar said, "The judgement is like
kirkiri (particle of dust) falling in the eyes of Centre."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata