Bihar CM criticises Centre over Thomas verdict
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Thursday hailed as "historic" the quashing of the appointment of
CVC PJ Thomas by the Supreme Court and said the Centre had
never faced such an embarrassment.
Welcoming the judgement as "historic and important",
Kumar said, "Never before such situation occurred at the
national level. The Centre has also not faced such an
The chief minister said the verdict had proved beyond
doubt that the democracy of the country was "very very
"The Centre in this case has deliberately overlooked the
facts and later defended the decision. Now it is for the
Centre to decide what steps it wants to take in future."
Ridiculing the Centre, Kumar said, "The judgement is like
kirkiri (particle of dust) falling in the eyes of Centre."
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Anurag Kashyap will strike back with 'Raman Raghav 2.0' : Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Sonia Gandhi stashed bribe money in Geneva's Sarasin Bank?
- World record: 23-year-old Tobago batsman Iraq Thomas slams T20 century off 21 balls
- Donald Trump hints at taking India's help in dealing with `unstable` Pakistan
- Champions League: Cristiano Ronaldo remains doubtful for 2nd leg against Manchester City