Bihar CM expresses grief over former minister`s death
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday expressed grief at the death of senior Congress leader and former minister Kumud Ranjan Jha.
In a condolence message, Kumar said Jha was a respected political leader and his death leaves a void in the society.
The chief minister announced a state funeral for the departed leader.
Jha died of a massive heart attack in New Delhi yesterday.
The former Congress leader was a three-time MLA from Pandaul Assembly seat in Madhubani district and a minister in various Congress governments in 1980`s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!