Bihar CM expresses grief over former minister`s death
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday expressed grief at the death of senior Congress leader and former minister Kumud Ranjan Jha.
In a condolence message, Kumar said Jha was a respected political leader and his death leaves a void in the society.
The chief minister announced a state funeral for the departed leader.
Jha died of a massive heart attack in New Delhi yesterday.
The former Congress leader was a three-time MLA from Pandaul Assembly seat in Madhubani district and a minister in various Congress governments in 1980`s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part IV
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities
- Panel discussion on demand for expulsion of Wahabi Syllabus from Universities- Part II
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen