Bihar CM expresses grief over former minister`s death
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday expressed grief at the death of senior Congress leader and former minister Kumud Ranjan Jha.
In a condolence message, Kumar said Jha was a respected political leader and his death leaves a void in the society.
The chief minister announced a state funeral for the departed leader.
Jha died of a massive heart attack in New Delhi yesterday.
The former Congress leader was a three-time MLA from Pandaul Assembly seat in Madhubani district and a minister in various Congress governments in 1980`s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress