Bihar CM expresses grief over former minister`s death
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday expressed grief at the death of senior Congress leader and former minister Kumud Ranjan Jha.
In a condolence message, Kumar said Jha was a respected political leader and his death leaves a void in the society.
The chief minister announced a state funeral for the departed leader.
Jha died of a massive heart attack in New Delhi yesterday.
The former Congress leader was a three-time MLA from Pandaul Assembly seat in Madhubani district and a minister in various Congress governments in 1980`s.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report