Bihar CM flays Centre on Ramdev’s eviction
Patna: Pointing to the gravity of the
police action on Baba Ramdev, Bihar Chief Minister on Monday said
even the Supreme Court has taken suo motu cognisance of the
"The apex court has taken suo motu cognisance of the
incident.... The nature of Congress has remained unchanged as
whenever it comes to power, it takes recourse of such
action.... What was the necessity of lobbing tear gas shells
there?" he asked.
"While central ministers on behalf of the government
held talks with Ramdev at Delhi airport, what provoked the
Centre to take this extreme step?"
Alleging that the `brutal use` of force was a sign of
atrocity, he said the Centre and Congress owed an explanation
to the nation.
Flaying Congress leader Digvijay Singh for his
`unsavoury` remark, Kumar said the type of language being used
by people in Congress, the country would see that these people
reply to the judiciary and people about their utterances.
"The Congress holds an opportunistic policy.... First
it kneels down and then wield lathis when one refuses to fall
in line," he alleged.
The Government would have to explain before what were
the issues on which Ramdev had reneged on, the Chief Minister
said, apparently referring to the charges of Union Ministers
Kapil Sibal and Subodh Kant Sahay.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indians face public wrath in Congo after Congolese national bludgeoned to death in Delhi; govt rejects racism claims
- Trump denounces illegal immigrants as tensions flare
- Regardless of N-deal, primary American embargo on Iran to stay: US Treasury Department
- UK PM Cameron says EU referendum turnout is greatest concern for 'In'
- US states sue White House over transgender bathroom use