Bihar CM flays Centre on Ramdev’s eviction
Patna: Pointing to the gravity of the
police action on Baba Ramdev, Bihar Chief Minister on Monday said
even the Supreme Court has taken suo motu cognisance of the
"The apex court has taken suo motu cognisance of the
incident.... The nature of Congress has remained unchanged as
whenever it comes to power, it takes recourse of such
action.... What was the necessity of lobbing tear gas shells
there?" he asked.
"While central ministers on behalf of the government
held talks with Ramdev at Delhi airport, what provoked the
Centre to take this extreme step?"
Alleging that the `brutal use` of force was a sign of
atrocity, he said the Centre and Congress owed an explanation
to the nation.
Flaying Congress leader Digvijay Singh for his
`unsavoury` remark, Kumar said the type of language being used
by people in Congress, the country would see that these people
reply to the judiciary and people about their utterances.
"The Congress holds an opportunistic policy.... First
it kneels down and then wield lathis when one refuses to fall
in line," he alleged.
The Government would have to explain before what were
the issues on which Ramdev had reneged on, the Chief Minister
said, apparently referring to the charges of Union Ministers
Kapil Sibal and Subodh Kant Sahay.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview