Bihar CM joins faithful in Eid prayers
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi on Tuesday joined a large number of people in offering namaz here on the holy occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr.
Manjhi joined the prayers at Gandhi Maidan and later mingled with the gathering to greet them on the festive occasion.
He later paid a visit to Khanqah Mujibia and Imarat-e- Shariah in Phulwarisharif and prayed for the peace and prosperity of the people of Bihar.
Manjhi told reporters at Imarat-e-Shariah that he dreamt of progress for all communities through the eradication of social ills like illiteracy and orthodoxy.
Replying to a question, he said his government would take all steps to develop Khanqah Mujibia as a tourist centre.
Minister for Food and Civil Supplies Shyam Rajak had accompanied Manjhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof