Bihar CM joins faithful in Eid prayers
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi on Tuesday joined a large number of people in offering namaz here on the holy occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr.
Manjhi joined the prayers at Gandhi Maidan and later mingled with the gathering to greet them on the festive occasion.
He later paid a visit to Khanqah Mujibia and Imarat-e- Shariah in Phulwarisharif and prayed for the peace and prosperity of the people of Bihar.
Manjhi told reporters at Imarat-e-Shariah that he dreamt of progress for all communities through the eradication of social ills like illiteracy and orthodoxy.
Replying to a question, he said his government would take all steps to develop Khanqah Mujibia as a tourist centre.
Minister for Food and Civil Supplies Shyam Rajak had accompanied Manjhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- VIDEO: Martin Guptill takes time off IPL; plays cricket with kids at Dharavi
- Tata group doubles published patents in 2 years to 7,000
- Watch: South Korean mom throws kids out of multi-story building on fire
- Kingfisher House auction: Lenders begin revaluation in a bid to sell it
- WATCH: From Nehra ji to Shahenshah, Sunrisers Hyderabad's India pacer has come a long way!