Bihar CM joins faithful in Eid prayers
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi on Tuesday joined a large number of people in offering namaz here on the holy occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr.
Manjhi joined the prayers at Gandhi Maidan and later mingled with the gathering to greet them on the festive occasion.
He later paid a visit to Khanqah Mujibia and Imarat-e- Shariah in Phulwarisharif and prayed for the peace and prosperity of the people of Bihar.
Manjhi told reporters at Imarat-e-Shariah that he dreamt of progress for all communities through the eradication of social ills like illiteracy and orthodoxy.
Replying to a question, he said his government would take all steps to develop Khanqah Mujibia as a tourist centre.
Minister for Food and Civil Supplies Shyam Rajak had accompanied Manjhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands