Bihar CM joins faithful in Eid prayers
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi on Tuesday joined a large number of people in offering namaz here on the holy occasion of Eid-ul-Fitr.
Manjhi joined the prayers at Gandhi Maidan and later mingled with the gathering to greet them on the festive occasion.
He later paid a visit to Khanqah Mujibia and Imarat-e- Shariah in Phulwarisharif and prayed for the peace and prosperity of the people of Bihar.
Manjhi told reporters at Imarat-e-Shariah that he dreamt of progress for all communities through the eradication of social ills like illiteracy and orthodoxy.
Replying to a question, he said his government would take all steps to develop Khanqah Mujibia as a tourist centre.
Minister for Food and Civil Supplies Shyam Rajak had accompanied Manjhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- Yuvraj Singh outsmarted by Zaheer Khan's rumoured girlfriend Sagarika Ghatge on troll attempt!