Bihar CM Nitish Kumar hits out at Lalu
Kochas: In a veiled attack on Lalu Prasad, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar on Saturday accused the RJD chief for making "baseless" statements against NDA Government in Bihar and said people were aware of his "bad track record".
"When today people are talking about development, he is getting upset and making baseless statements against my government," Kumar said at his `Adhikar rally` here in Rohtas district.
Kumar said the people were aware of his bad track record when his party was in the power for 15 years in the state and his illogical assertions did not impress them.
The chief minister, who is touring the state to drum up support for special status for Bihar, said he would leave no stone unturned to secure it from the Centre.
He said the special status would help the state save between Rs 8,000-10,000 crore annually in taxes which could be used for strengthening infrastructure like roads and power.
It would also help the state attract investments as industrialists and entrepreneurs who would be encouraged to avail tax concessions, he said.
The rally passed off peacefully. Earlier, a delegation of contractual teachers handed over a memorandum to officials in support of their demand of hiking their pay to the level of regular teachers.
The RJD chief who is also touring the state as part of his `Parivartan rally` at a rally at Banka yesterday said that the state government was not addressing the problems of contractual teachers.
Over two lakh contractual teachers are holding street protests in different parts of the state seeking increase of their salary to the level of regular teachers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing