Bihar CM Nitish Kumar launches Adhikar Yatra today
Sitamarhi: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is all set to begin Adhikar Yatra, a statewide roadshow, on Monday.
Kumar, who has vowed to back any party that accords special category status to Bihar, is now on the streets with his demand.
In a forceful message to the Centre, Kumar has already said that the special category status was a matter of right for Bihar and its people and not begging for alms.
Taunting Kumar’s roadshow, State Congress president Choudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser last week said that the Bihar CM is on his `Vidai Yatra`.
In a press release, Kaiser noted that on one hand, Bihar is reeling under water and power crisis, while Bihar State Electricity Board is collecting hefty charge in capital Patna for continuous power supply.
He further said Kumar has made the special category state status to Bihar a political issue, while ignoring increase in incidents of murder, kidnapping and rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends