Bihar CM Nitish Kumar launches Adhikar Yatra today
Sitamarhi: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is all set to begin Adhikar Yatra, a statewide roadshow, on Monday.
Kumar, who has vowed to back any party that accords special category status to Bihar, is now on the streets with his demand.
In a forceful message to the Centre, Kumar has already said that the special category status was a matter of right for Bihar and its people and not begging for alms.
Taunting Kumar’s roadshow, State Congress president Choudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser last week said that the Bihar CM is on his `Vidai Yatra`.
In a press release, Kaiser noted that on one hand, Bihar is reeling under water and power crisis, while Bihar State Electricity Board is collecting hefty charge in capital Patna for continuous power supply.
He further said Kumar has made the special category state status to Bihar a political issue, while ignoring increase in incidents of murder, kidnapping and rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees