Bihar CM Nitish Kumar launches Adhikar Yatra today
Sitamarhi: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar is all set to begin Adhikar Yatra, a statewide roadshow, on Monday.
Kumar, who has vowed to back any party that accords special category status to Bihar, is now on the streets with his demand.
In a forceful message to the Centre, Kumar has already said that the special category status was a matter of right for Bihar and its people and not begging for alms.
Taunting Kumar’s roadshow, State Congress president Choudhary Mehboob Ali Kaiser last week said that the Bihar CM is on his `Vidai Yatra`.
In a press release, Kaiser noted that on one hand, Bihar is reeling under water and power crisis, while Bihar State Electricity Board is collecting hefty charge in capital Patna for continuous power supply.
He further said Kumar has made the special category state status to Bihar a political issue, while ignoring increase in incidents of murder, kidnapping and rape.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city