Bihar CM Nitish Kumar moots cycle scheme for working men, women
Patna: Taking a cue from the successful run of cycle scheme for school students, Bihar CM Nitish Kumar on Saturday mooted similar provision for working men and women.
"Reaching workplace on bicycles will boost confidence of the male and female workers," Kumar said while addressing a function of Labour department here.
The cycle will also help them return home on time, he said listing virtues of the two-wheeler for workers, particularly the women workforce.
The Bihar CM highlighted the positive results of the cycle scheme among school going girls and boys and said that this has helped in arresting drop rates from above 12 per cent to about two per cent.
The cycle scheme among school students have helped in the spread of education, he said, adding, a study on efficacy of this was being done in foreign countries also.
He instructed the Labour department to provide cycles to the workers.
The Chief Minister also favoured providing identity card to workers after their registration. He said the registration should be done electronically and a comprehensive drive for the purpose should be launched.
Development Commissioner Alok Kumar Sinha and Principal Secretary Labour Subhash Sharma were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?
- Lachipora encounter: Security forces shot dead 2 militants; gunbattle underway