Bihar CM Nitish Kumar moots cycle scheme for working men, women
Patna: Taking a cue from the successful run of cycle scheme for school students, Bihar CM Nitish Kumar on Saturday mooted similar provision for working men and women.
"Reaching workplace on bicycles will boost confidence of the male and female workers," Kumar said while addressing a function of Labour department here.
The cycle will also help them return home on time, he said listing virtues of the two-wheeler for workers, particularly the women workforce.
The Bihar CM highlighted the positive results of the cycle scheme among school going girls and boys and said that this has helped in arresting drop rates from above 12 per cent to about two per cent.
The cycle scheme among school students have helped in the spread of education, he said, adding, a study on efficacy of this was being done in foreign countries also.
He instructed the Labour department to provide cycles to the workers.
The Chief Minister also favoured providing identity card to workers after their registration. He said the registration should be done electronically and a comprehensive drive for the purpose should be launched.
Development Commissioner Alok Kumar Sinha and Principal Secretary Labour Subhash Sharma were present on the occasion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read