Bihar CM Nitish Kumar only has Rs 14,475 in cash
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has lower assets than most of his cabinet colleagues.
According to details of movable and immovable assets declared by the chief minister and his cabinet colleagues for 2012, Nitish Kumar has Rs 14,475 in cash. The amount was Rs 46,974 in 2011.
Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi has Rs 20,000 in cash while tourism minister Sunil Kumar Pintu has Rs 8,74,000.
The cash held by Public Relations Minister Brishen Patel is Rs 4 lakh while the amount is Rs 5,000 for Industry Minister Renu Kumari and Rs 80,000 for Food & Consumer Protection Minister Shyam Razak.
Energy Minister Bijendra Prasad Yadav has Rs 60,000 in cash while Rural Development Minister Nitish Mishra has Rs 96,992.
The list of Nitish Kumar`s other assets are more or less the same as declared last year.
These include a house in Sansad Vihar in New Delhi valued at Rs.40 lakh and moveable assets worth Rs.6.15 lakh, a 2003 model car, an old TV set, an old air conditioner, a refrigerator, a cooler and some cows, a computer, a treadmill and a bank loan.
The chief minister has also disclosed assets of his only son Nishant, which includes land at ancestral Kalyanbigha village. But Nishant has more assets than his father.
Sushil Kumar Modi has assets worth over Rs 1 crore.
The richest member of the Bihar cabinet is PK Shahi, a lawyer, who declared assets worth over Rs 5 crore.
This was the third occasion when details of assets of 29 Bihar ministers were uploaded on the government website as a step towards transparency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal