Bihar CM orders probe after two killed in police clashes
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has ordered a judicial probe after two people were killed and over a dozen others injured in clashes with police on Friday.
The clashes began as police opened fire to control violent protestors in the district headquarter town of Madhubani.
The CM has also ordered the transfer of the District Magistrate and the SP.
Two youths died on the spot after being hit by bullets and over a dozen were injured during the clash with police.
All the injured have been admitted to hospital.
"People clashed with police after pelting stones and torching some vehicles. Top police officials were rushed from neighbouring districts. Additional police personnel have also been deployed in the town," police spokesperson SK Bharadwaj said yesterday.
The situation in Madhubani was tense but under control, according to a Madhubani police official.
The trouble in the town started after a headless body was found 11 days ago. The family members of a missing youth, Prashant Kumar, claimed that the body was his and demanded that it be handed over to them.
Hundreds of people joined them. But when the police refused to give in to their demand, they started pelting stones and torched the collectorate building, SDM office, the police station of Madhubani town and several vehicles parked there.
Police opened fire and lobbed tear gas shells to disperse the protestors, the police official said adding that two protestors were killed and a dozen others injured in the police action.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say