Bihar CM orders probe after two killed in police clashes
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has ordered a judicial probe after two people were killed and over a dozen others injured in clashes with police on Friday.
The clashes began as police opened fire to control violent protestors in the district headquarter town of Madhubani.
The CM has also ordered the transfer of the District Magistrate and the SP.
Two youths died on the spot after being hit by bullets and over a dozen were injured during the clash with police.
All the injured have been admitted to hospital.
"People clashed with police after pelting stones and torching some vehicles. Top police officials were rushed from neighbouring districts. Additional police personnel have also been deployed in the town," police spokesperson SK Bharadwaj said yesterday.
The situation in Madhubani was tense but under control, according to a Madhubani police official.
The trouble in the town started after a headless body was found 11 days ago. The family members of a missing youth, Prashant Kumar, claimed that the body was his and demanded that it be handed over to them.
Hundreds of people joined them. But when the police refused to give in to their demand, they started pelting stones and torched the collectorate building, SDM office, the police station of Madhubani town and several vehicles parked there.
Police opened fire and lobbed tear gas shells to disperse the protestors, the police official said adding that two protestors were killed and a dozen others injured in the police action.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH