Bihar CM slams Dhankhar`s `Bihari bride for Haryana boys` remark
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Jitan Ram Manjhi on Monday criticised Haryana BJP leader O P Dhankhar for his `Bihari bride for Haryana boys` remark.
"He (Dhankar) seems to have been suffering from mental illness," Manjhi told reporters.
He also slammed state BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi for saying that girls from Bihar were being sold and people of Haryana purchasing them.
"Sushil Modi shall seek apology from people of Bihar for saying so," the CM said.
Sushil Modi said earlier that he had a talk over phone with Dhankar and he meant to say that the party, if voted to power, would stop illegal trafficking of girls "purchased" from Bihar into Haryana and married there, and would get the marriage done in a legalised manner.
Manjhi defended the protest by his JD(U) colleagues on the issue in the two houses of Bihar Legislature saying there would be an unanimous resolution in the House condemning Dhankhar`s remarks.
"We also want such a resolution be passed by the House," he said.
Asked about his expectation from Rail budget tomorrow, he said it should complete all the pending projects in Bihar.
"The Centre shall provide new trains and complete pending projects in Bihar," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie