Bihar CM to raise special state issue at NDC meet
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Tuesday said he would raise the issue of according special state
category to state during the meeting of National Development
"We will raise the demand for granting special state
status to Bihar at the meeting of NDC," Kumar said while
chairing a meeting related to 12th five year plan here.
He said the state government would seek additional
special assistance of Rs 4,000 crore per annum in 12th
plan period during the proposed NDC meet.
State Planning and Development Department Principal
Secretary Vijay Prakash said the Chief Minister directed the
officials to make schemes for connecting every `tola` with a
population of 250 people in the state with roads, drainage
and development of streets.
Every ward under the urban areas would have the building
for which the funds be sought from the government, Kumar said.
Chief Minister said the Centre would also request to
compensate Rs 1000 crore spent by the state from its own
resources for repair and maintenance of National Highway in
The meeting was attended, among others, by Deputy Chief
Minister S K Modi, Planning and Development Minister N N
Yadav, State Planning Commission Vice-Chairman Hari Kishore
Singh and N K Singh, MP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars