Bihar CM to raise special state issue at NDC meet
Patna: Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar
on Tuesday said he would raise the issue of according special state
category to state during the meeting of National Development
"We will raise the demand for granting special state
status to Bihar at the meeting of NDC," Kumar said while
chairing a meeting related to 12th five year plan here.
He said the state government would seek additional
special assistance of Rs 4,000 crore per annum in 12th
plan period during the proposed NDC meet.
State Planning and Development Department Principal
Secretary Vijay Prakash said the Chief Minister directed the
officials to make schemes for connecting every `tola` with a
population of 250 people in the state with roads, drainage
and development of streets.
Every ward under the urban areas would have the building
for which the funds be sought from the government, Kumar said.
Chief Minister said the Centre would also request to
compensate Rs 1000 crore spent by the state from its own
resources for repair and maintenance of National Highway in
The meeting was attended, among others, by Deputy Chief
Minister S K Modi, Planning and Development Minister N N
Yadav, State Planning Commission Vice-Chairman Hari Kishore
Singh and N K Singh, MP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh