Bihar comes out with `Road Ambulance` for maintenance of roads
Patna: The Bihar government has come out with an innovative idea of deploying "Road Ambulance" across the state for immediate maintainance of damaged roads and providing immediate medical aid to distressed persons on roads.
Probably first of its kind in the country, the especially designed "Road Ambulance" would start plying from February 20 next, Secretary Road Construction Department Pratya Amrit told reporters here on Thursday.
Showing the proto type of the Ambulance to mediapersons, Amrit, who is also Managing Director of Bihar State Road Development Corporation (BSRDC), said a total of 76 such Ambulances would be criss-cross the state on 9064 km of state Highways and major district roads.
"We expect that all 76 Ambulances come to us for operation by March end," he said.
The Ambulance would be on display for the first time at Republic Day function on January 26, he said.
The vehicle would be fitted with GPS system for effective monitoring of the movement of the vehicles, he added.
Amrit said the vehicle was part of commitment of the department for effective maintenance of roads in the state.
As per the new Road Maintenance policy, 2013, the private contractors have to maintain the quality of roads built by them.
Giving details of the specially designed Ambulance, the RCD Secretary said it is fitted with aggregate, sand silos, emulsion tank and pug mill for mixing aggregate & emulsions.
The vehicle would have chain saw to clear road from fallen tress and branches a common factor in rainy season.
The Ambulance would have two strechers and first aid kit to adminster immediate relief to a traumatised person on road before rushing him to nearest hospital, Amrit said.
There would be "path mitra" on each vehicles for the task of maintenance of road.
Each vehicle fitted with siren and searchlights would cover a distance of 100 km.
The specially designed vehicle on the chasis of Ashok Leyland truck has been done by a Ghaziabad based company at a cost of Rs 25.90 lakh each under strict supervision of BSRDC Engineers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling