Bihar Cong to present `chargesheet` against Nitish govt
Patna: Charging the NDA government of failing on all fronts, the Congress today said that the party would soon come out with a `chargesheet` against the present dispensation.
"We will go to the peoples` court with facts and figures and present the chargesheet against the Nitish Kumar government that the tall claims being made on improvement of
law and order front is hollow," AICC general secretary and in-charge party affairs, Mukul Wasnik and the newly appointed state party president Choudhry Mehboob Ali Kaiser told
They alleged that during the present dispensation, women were not safe and contrary to the claims of the state government, cases of kidnapping have increased.
The incidents of atrocities on Dalits too have increased in Bihar, Wasnik, the Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment, claimed while adding that while the all India conviction rate of cases related to atrocities on Dalits was 32 percent, it was 17 per cent in Bihar and several such cases were pending at court and police levels.
The Congress leaders said the party had gone in election mode and was preparing from village to district levels.
"The decision to contest seats with like-minded parties would be decided by the central party leadership but we are making preparations for all the 243 seats," Wasnik said.
Asked about the Congress party`s stand on biennial elections to five Rajya Sabha seats, Wasnik said a final decision about party`s stand would be taken after a discussion
with the Congress Legislature party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch