Bihar Cooperative Minister resigns
Patna: Bihar Cooperative Minister Ramadhar Singh, reportedly declared an absconder by a court, resigned on Monday.
Singh sent his resignation to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar this morning, sources said.
The resignation comes in the wake of demands from Opposition RJD that Singh be dropped immediately from the Cabinet.
An RJD delegation led by state party chief Ramchandra Purve and Leader of the Opposition in Assembly Abdul Bari Siddiqui had yesterday called on Devanand Konwar seeking Singh`s immediate dismissal.
They told the Governor that a case had been registered against Singh over a communal speech he made in Aurangabad district in 1992.
"Singh was declared an absconder by a court in May 1995 after he repeatedly failed to appear before it in connection with the case," they told the Governor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Five simple tips to eat healthy!