Bihar Cooperative Minister resigns
Patna: Bihar Cooperative Minister Ramadhar Singh, reportedly declared an absconder by a court, resigned on Monday.
Singh sent his resignation to Chief Minister Nitish Kumar this morning, sources said.
The resignation comes in the wake of demands from Opposition RJD that Singh be dropped immediately from the Cabinet.
An RJD delegation led by state party chief Ramchandra Purve and Leader of the Opposition in Assembly Abdul Bari Siddiqui had yesterday called on Devanand Konwar seeking Singh`s immediate dismissal.
They told the Governor that a case had been registered against Singh over a communal speech he made in Aurangabad district in 1992.
"Singh was declared an absconder by a court in May 1995 after he repeatedly failed to appear before it in connection with the case," they told the Governor.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown