Bihar: Court awards life sentence to 13
Khagaria: A local court on Tuesday awarded life
imprisonment to 13 persons in a 31-year-old murder case in
Bihar`s Khagaria district.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Abhay Kant Jha
convicted the 13 accused of killing Atiul Haque Shamasi at Jal
Kaura village on June 6, 1980 following a dispute over using
water from a hand pump.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs 2,000 on each
The convicted are Noor Halim, Noor Salim, Noor Kalim, Md
Mustaque, Md Taukir Ahmed, S A Alam Mozavi, Feroze Ahmed, Md
Mukhtar, Sabir Ahmed, Md J Rehman, Sadiur Rehman, Md Habizul
Rehman and Md Masih Ahmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015
- FBI probes Democratic email hack, but is Russia to blame?
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance