Bihar: Court awards life sentence to 13
Khagaria: A local court on Tuesday awarded life
imprisonment to 13 persons in a 31-year-old murder case in
Bihar`s Khagaria district.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Abhay Kant Jha
convicted the 13 accused of killing Atiul Haque Shamasi at Jal
Kaura village on June 6, 1980 following a dispute over using
water from a hand pump.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs 2,000 on each
The convicted are Noor Halim, Noor Salim, Noor Kalim, Md
Mustaque, Md Taukir Ahmed, S A Alam Mozavi, Feroze Ahmed, Md
Mukhtar, Sabir Ahmed, Md J Rehman, Sadiur Rehman, Md Habizul
Rehman and Md Masih Ahmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP