Bihar: Court awards life sentence to 13
Khagaria: A local court on Tuesday awarded life
imprisonment to 13 persons in a 31-year-old murder case in
Bihar`s Khagaria district.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Abhay Kant Jha
convicted the 13 accused of killing Atiul Haque Shamasi at Jal
Kaura village on June 6, 1980 following a dispute over using
water from a hand pump.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs 2,000 on each
The convicted are Noor Halim, Noor Salim, Noor Kalim, Md
Mustaque, Md Taukir Ahmed, S A Alam Mozavi, Feroze Ahmed, Md
Mukhtar, Sabir Ahmed, Md J Rehman, Sadiur Rehman, Md Habizul
Rehman and Md Masih Ahmed.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife