Bihar: Court awards life sentence to 13
Khagaria: A local court on Tuesday awarded life
imprisonment to 13 persons in a 31-year-old murder case in
Bihar`s Khagaria district.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Abhay Kant Jha
convicted the 13 accused of killing Atiul Haque Shamasi at Jal
Kaura village on June 6, 1980 following a dispute over using
water from a hand pump.
The court also slapped a fine of Rs 2,000 on each
The convicted are Noor Halim, Noor Salim, Noor Kalim, Md
Mustaque, Md Taukir Ahmed, S A Alam Mozavi, Feroze Ahmed, Md
Mukhtar, Sabir Ahmed, Md J Rehman, Sadiur Rehman, Md Habizul
Rehman and Md Masih Ahmed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report