Bihar court awards life-term to ex-RJD MLA
Gaya, Bihar: RJD leader and former MLA Rajendra Prasad Yadav was Wednesday sentenced to life imprisonment by a Bihar court in connection with a murder case in Gaya district.
Fast-track court judge Achyutanand Upadhyay found Yadav guilty of killing a woman Mintoo Kumari in course of firing while taking out a victory procession from Atari at Dariapur village in the district in February, 2005.
Upadhyay awarded life-term to him.
Yadav had won the elections twice from Atari on RJD ticket in 2000 and February 2005.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players