Bihar court issues production order against Asaram
Muzzafarpur: A local court on Friday ordered district police to produce before it the jailed controversial self-styled godman Asaram Bapu by October 21 for allegedly making uncharitable remarks on the New Delhi gang-rape victim.
Chief Judicial Magistrate SP Singh passed the order on a complaint petition filed by an advocate Sudhir Ojha on January 8, this year, against Asaram for his alleged uncharitable remarks that the victim should have addressed the rapists as brothers to escape the gang-rape.
Asaram is presently lodged in a Jodhpur jail in Rajasthan in connection with a case of rape of a minor girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing