Bihar court issues production order against Asaram
Muzzafarpur: A local court on Friday ordered district police to produce before it the jailed controversial self-styled godman Asaram Bapu by October 21 for allegedly making uncharitable remarks on the New Delhi gang-rape victim.
Chief Judicial Magistrate SP Singh passed the order on a complaint petition filed by an advocate Sudhir Ojha on January 8, this year, against Asaram for his alleged uncharitable remarks that the victim should have addressed the rapists as brothers to escape the gang-rape.
Asaram is presently lodged in a Jodhpur jail in Rajasthan in connection with a case of rape of a minor girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra