Bihar court issues production order against Asaram
Muzzafarpur: A local court on Friday ordered district police to produce before it the jailed controversial self-styled godman Asaram Bapu by October 21 for allegedly making uncharitable remarks on the New Delhi gang-rape victim.
Chief Judicial Magistrate SP Singh passed the order on a complaint petition filed by an advocate Sudhir Ojha on January 8, this year, against Asaram for his alleged uncharitable remarks that the victim should have addressed the rapists as brothers to escape the gang-rape.
Asaram is presently lodged in a Jodhpur jail in Rajasthan in connection with a case of rape of a minor girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral