Bihar court issues production order against Asaram
Muzzafarpur: A local court on Friday ordered district police to produce before it the jailed controversial selfstyled godman Asaram Bapu by October 21 for allegedly making uncharitable remarks on the New Delhi gangrape victim.
Chief Judicial Magistrate S P Singh passed the order on a complaint petition filed by an advocate Sudhir Ojha on January 8, this year, against Asaram for his alleged uncharitable remarks that the victim should have addressed the rapists as brothers to escape the gangrape.
Asaram is presently lodged in a Jodhpur jail in Rajasthan in connection with a case of rape of a minor girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city