Bihar court issues warrant against Raj Thackray
Muzaffarpur: A local court issued body warrant Wednesday against Maharashtra Navnirman Sena(MNS) chief Raj Thackeray to be present before it before November 12 in connection with a complaint case against him for allegedly calling people from Bihar rapists.
Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) S P Singh issued the warrant against Thackeray and directed Mumbai Police Commissioner to produce MNS chief in the court before November 12.
The order came in connection with a case filed by an advocate Sudhir Ojha on January 8 this year against the MNS leader for allegedly calling people from Bihar rapists in the wake of the arrest of a person from the state in the Delhi bus gangrape and arrest of another youth for the rape of a minor girl in east Delhi.
The same court had on June 28 this year directed Thackeray to present himself before it. But it was not complied with leading to the issue of the production warrant against him today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez