Bihar court issues warrant against Raj Thackray
Muzaffarpur: A local court issued body warrant Wednesday against Maharashtra Navnirman Sena(MNS) chief Raj Thackeray to be present before it before November 12 in connection with a complaint case against him for allegedly calling people from Bihar rapists.
Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) S P Singh issued the warrant against Thackeray and directed Mumbai Police Commissioner to produce MNS chief in the court before November 12.
The order came in connection with a case filed by an advocate Sudhir Ojha on January 8 this year against the MNS leader for allegedly calling people from Bihar rapists in the wake of the arrest of a person from the state in the Delhi bus gangrape and arrest of another youth for the rape of a minor girl in east Delhi.
The same court had on June 28 this year directed Thackeray to present himself before it. But it was not complied with leading to the issue of the production warrant against him today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US