Bihar court issues warrant against Raj Thackray
Muzaffarpur: A local court issued body warrant Wednesday against Maharashtra Navnirman Sena(MNS) chief Raj Thackeray to be present before it before November 12 in connection with a complaint case against him for allegedly calling people from Bihar rapists.
Chief Judicial Magistrate (CJM) S P Singh issued the warrant against Thackeray and directed Mumbai Police Commissioner to produce MNS chief in the court before November 12.
The order came in connection with a case filed by an advocate Sudhir Ojha on January 8 this year against the MNS leader for allegedly calling people from Bihar rapists in the wake of the arrest of a person from the state in the Delhi bus gangrape and arrest of another youth for the rape of a minor girl in east Delhi.
The same court had on June 28 this year directed Thackeray to present himself before it. But it was not complied with leading to the issue of the production warrant against him today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble