Bihar court summons Lalu, Paswan
Muzaffarpur: A local court today
summoned RJD chief Lalu Prasad, his wife and Leader of the
Opposition Rabri Devi, and LJP president Ramvilas Paswan in
connection with a complaint charging them with causing
destruction to public property during a state-wide bandh on
Chief Judicial Magistrate Ramesh Malviya took cognisance
of the complaint filed by advocate Sudhir Ojha who alleged
that widespread destruction was caused to the public property
in Muzaffarpur town and elsewhere during the shutdown called
by the leaders.
Ojha in his complaint filed on January 24 had also
alleged that RJD-LJP activists took law into their hands and
misbehaved with him while enforcing the call for bandh against
The Magistrate asked Prasad, Rabri Devi, Paswan, besides
Muzaffarpur district RJD president Mithilesh Prasad Yadav and
his LJP counterpart Md Jamal to appear in person before the
court on July 24.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu launches India's first green rail corridor in Tamil Nadu
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?
- NASA's Viking mission data to unfold Mars' mystery
- Kolkata: Boy found killed after party at Amit Chaudhuri's house, author denies knowing him
- 1 killed, dozen hurt in building collapse after cylinder blast
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' officially wraps production