Bihar court takes cognizance against Asaram Bapu
Patna: A Bihar court has taken congnizance against spiritual guru Asaram Bapu and two others in a defamation case lodged by the administrator of the Bihar State Religious Trust Board, Kishore Kunal.
Judicial magistrate Divya Vashishtha yesterday took cognizance of charges against Asaram Bapu, Swami Narendra Goswami and Jai Kumar Singh under section 500 (defamation),508 (inducing a person to believe that he will be doomed by divine man`s curse, if he did not follow the divine man) and 120 (B) (criminal comspiracy) of the Indian Penal Code.
The court would decide on April 24 issuing summons to the accused persons.
Kunal had lodged a complaint in the court against the three persons on March 21, 2009, accusing them of organising a procession and using unparliamentary language to tarnish his image.
Kunal had alleged that Bapu`s men had assaulted a constable of Kadamkuan police station here and the Superintendent of the Bihar Religious Trust Board when they
had gone to execute a court order to free the property of Bhikhamdas Ram Janki Thakurwadi Kadamkuan here from forcible occupation of Bapu and his men on May 4, 2009.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed