‘Bihar created new record in private investments’
Patna: Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Thursday brushed aside the opposition`s allegations on poor private investments in Bihar and claimed that the state
had set a new record in private investments in cement and road sectors in Bihar.
Replying to a debate on the budget for financial year 2012-2013 in the assembly, Modi said there was virtually no (no) substance in the opposition`s charge about poor private investments in Bihar.
In fact the state government had set a new record in securing private investments in road and cement sectors, he said.
He also claimed that heavy investments had been made in roads, industries and the tourism sector in Bihar.
Under the Public Private Partnership (PPP), he said, private companies alone had decided to invest 60 percent of the cost for road between Rajgir and Tajpur.
Similarly Rs 332 crore was being invested for Bakhtiyarpur-Tajpur road and Rs 619 crore for Ara-Mohaniya express in private sector in Bihar which was unprecedented in the state`s history, Modi claimed.
Modi said the Kumar Manglam Birla`s Ultratech was making an investment of Rs 500 crore, besides six other companies including Ambuja company have finalised investment
for setting up cement factories by using fly ash.
For Ambuja a plot has been selected in Patna district for a factory, Modi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof