Bihar: CRPF jawan injured in encounter, Maoist held
Gaya: A CRPF jawan was critically
injured during an encounter between security forces and armed
Maoists at Navigaarh and Pananwa Tand area in Gaya district
on Tuesday, police said.
On a tip-off, a police team assisted by CRPF personnel
surrounded the area where armed ultras had assembled, City SP
Ratna Mani Sanjeev said.
Both sides exchanged several rounds of fire, he said,
adding a CRPF jawan was critically wounded in the encounter.
Police succeeded in capturing a ultra suspected to be a top
Maoists leader and seized three guns from the spot, Sanjeev
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan