Bihar: CRPF jawan killed in encounter with Maoists, one held
Gaya: A CRPF jawan was killed and
a Maoist ultra arrested during an encounter between security
forces and the red rebels at Navigaarh in Pananwa Tand area in
Bihar`s Gaya district on Tuesday, police said.
On a tip-off, a joint team of police and CRPF
personnel surrounded the area where the ultras had assembled,
City SP Ratna Mani Sanjeev said.
Both sides exchanged several rounds of fire, he said,
adding a CRPF jawan, identified as Sanjay Bhadra, was
critically injured in the shootout.
He was admitted to a nearby hospital where he
succumbed to his injuries, Sanjeev said.
One Maoist ultra, who was suspected to be a senior
leader, was arrested during the encounter, he said.
Three guns were seized from the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre