Bihar: CRPF jawan killed in encounter with Maoists, one held
Gaya: A CRPF jawan was killed and
a Maoist ultra arrested during an encounter between security
forces and the red rebels at Navigaarh in Pananwa Tand area in
Bihar`s Gaya district on Tuesday, police said.
On a tip-off, a joint team of police and CRPF
personnel surrounded the area where the ultras had assembled,
City SP Ratna Mani Sanjeev said.
Both sides exchanged several rounds of fire, he said,
adding a CRPF jawan, identified as Sanjay Bhadra, was
critically injured in the shootout.
He was admitted to a nearby hospital where he
succumbed to his injuries, Sanjeev said.
One Maoist ultra, who was suspected to be a senior
leader, was arrested during the encounter, he said.
Three guns were seized from the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security