Bihar: CRPF jawan killed in encounter with Maoists, one held
Gaya: A CRPF jawan was killed and
a Maoist ultra arrested during an encounter between security
forces and the red rebels at Navigaarh in Pananwa Tand area in
Bihar`s Gaya district on Tuesday, police said.
On a tip-off, a joint team of police and CRPF
personnel surrounded the area where the ultras had assembled,
City SP Ratna Mani Sanjeev said.
Both sides exchanged several rounds of fire, he said,
adding a CRPF jawan, identified as Sanjay Bhadra, was
critically injured in the shootout.
He was admitted to a nearby hospital where he
succumbed to his injuries, Sanjeev said.
One Maoist ultra, who was suspected to be a senior
leader, was arrested during the encounter, he said.
Three guns were seized from the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Three federal police officials killed in Mexico
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership