Bihar: CRPF jawan killed in encounter with Maoists, one held
Gaya: A CRPF jawan was killed and
a Maoist ultra arrested during an encounter between security
forces and the red rebels at Navigaarh in Pananwa Tand area in
Bihar`s Gaya district on Tuesday, police said.
On a tip-off, a joint team of police and CRPF
personnel surrounded the area where the ultras had assembled,
City SP Ratna Mani Sanjeev said.
Both sides exchanged several rounds of fire, he said,
adding a CRPF jawan, identified as Sanjay Bhadra, was
critically injured in the shootout.
He was admitted to a nearby hospital where he
succumbed to his injuries, Sanjeev said.
One Maoist ultra, who was suspected to be a senior
leader, was arrested during the encounter, he said.
Three guns were seized from the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog