Bihar: Death toll in mystery disease mounts to 26
Muzaffarpur: With reports of four
fresh deaths, the death toll in the recent spell of a mystery
disease on Monday mounted to 26 in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district,
While three children died at Kejriwal hospital, another
died at Sri Krishna Medical College and Hospital in
Muzaffarpur during the past 24 hours, they said.
Around 30 others were still being treated at the two
hospitals, sources said.
At least 22 children below the age of six years have died
and 35 others hospitalised due to the disease during the past
one week in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district till yesterday,
The state health department has sent a team of experts
from Regional Malaria Research Institute (RMRI) in Patna to
the district. The team had already collected the blood samples
and returned to the state capital, Principal secretary
(health), Amarjeet Sinha said.
The blood samples were sent to a specialised laboratory
in Pune for examination, he said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has urged Union
Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad to dispatch a central team of
medical experts to diagnose the disease and work out the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda