Bihar: Death toll in mystery disease mounts to 26
Muzaffarpur: With reports of four
fresh deaths, the death toll in the recent spell of a mystery
disease on Monday mounted to 26 in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district,
While three children died at Kejriwal hospital, another
died at Sri Krishna Medical College and Hospital in
Muzaffarpur during the past 24 hours, they said.
Around 30 others were still being treated at the two
hospitals, sources said.
At least 22 children below the age of six years have died
and 35 others hospitalised due to the disease during the past
one week in Bihar`s Muzaffarpur district till yesterday,
The state health department has sent a team of experts
from Regional Malaria Research Institute (RMRI) in Patna to
the district. The team had already collected the blood samples
and returned to the state capital, Principal secretary
(health), Amarjeet Sinha said.
The blood samples were sent to a specialised laboratory
in Pune for examination, he said.
Meanwhile, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has urged Union
Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad to dispatch a central team of
medical experts to diagnose the disease and work out the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre