Bihar decks up for centenary celebrations
Patna: Bihar is decked up to celebrate its
centenary with the important buildings in the state capital in blue coats of paint showcasing its glorious history on the
first day Thursday.
The three-day centenary celebrations through several
programmes will display its art, culture and heritage as the
state was carved out of Bengal Presidency 100 years ago,
Bihar cabinet has recently approved a state song written
by poet Satya Narayan and composed by Pt Hariprasad Chaurasia
and Pt Shiv Kumar Sharma and sung by Udit Narayan and Sadhana
The cabinet also approved a state prayer song written by
M R Chisti. Its composers were the same while it is sung
solely by Udit Narayan. Strengthening social harmony is the
theme of both the songs.
Both Gandhi Maidan and S K Memorial hall where the main
functions would be organised were spruced up with tasteful
Most of the departments, particularly Tourism, HRD,
Urban Development and Health, would be using the occasion for
launching several programmes, official sources said.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said the celebrations would
instill a sense of pride among the Biharis and appealed to the
people of the state to celebrate `Bihar Diwas` as a festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem