Bihar deputy CM questions Rabri`s `absence` ahead of polls
Patna: "Where is Rabri Devi?...Why is she missing from the battleground for the Assembly polls," asked Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi on Wednesday, wondering if RJD supremo Lalu Prasad had kept his wife out of public glare to hide her "non-performance" as CM.
"It appears that Prasad has intentionally kept the former Chief Minister in her house on poll eve to diffuse the adverse electoral outcome owing to her invisible presence as Leader of the Opposition in the Assembly for five years," Modi said in a statement here.
The BJP leader alleged that Prasad might have kept his wife away from the public glare to "hide her non-performance as the Chief Minister" of the state for about eight years.
Describing Rabri`s days in power as the "black chapter of Bihar", Modi alleged that the general administration had virtually collapsed during the `jungle raj` in the state, of which she was a symbolic head.
"Her performance as the Leader of Opposition too was abysmal as she attended the Assembly session occasionally and mostly sat through the sittings as a `dumb doll`," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video