Bihar drought taking the shape of 1967 famine: Amanullah
Patna: The Bihar cabinet today expressed
concern over the monsoon failure and said the drought-like
situation prevailing in 28 out of 38 districts of the state
was fast taking the shape of 1967 famine that had struck the
"The cabinet meeting chaired by Chief Minister Nitish
Kumar has taken serious view of the failure of the monsoon,"
Cabinet and Coordination department Principal Secretary Afzal
Amannullah told reporters tonight.
Divisional commissioners and district magistrates had
been directed to submit a detailed report about the situation
prevailing in their areas so that the government can launch
relief operations in a big way, he said.
Amannullah said it was decided that a special cabinet
meeting will be held on Saturday (August 14) morning to take
a decision on how to tackle the gravity which was fast
turning into famine like situation of 1967.
Tonight`s cabinet meeting held in utter darkness for more
than half-and-hour as power supply to the VVIP area was
snapped due to some fault in distribution system.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- I was shivering while interviewing Nirbhaya's friend, says Ramnath Goenka awardee Sudhir Chaudhary
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times