Bihar: DSP injured, criminal killed in encounter
Saharsa: A Deputy Superintendent
of Police (DSP) was injured and an alleged anti-social killed
on Wednesday in an encounter here in Saharsa district, police said.
A police team was engaged in a routine checking of
vehicles at Matasyagandha under town police station when some
persons travelling in a jeep fired, leading to the encounter.
DSP Rajkumar Karan was injured in the firing and the
another person, alleged to be an anti-social, was killed on
the spot while others managed to flee.
Police said a pistol and four live cartridges were
recovered from the spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Facebook doesn't pose threat: YouTube