Bihar Dy CM demands CBI probe into ponzi schemes
Patna: With a large number of people falling into the trap of ponzi schemes, Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Modi on Tuesday demanded a CBI inquiry instead of by SFIO into how these groups were collecting money from the public.
The Serious Fraud Investigation Office, which was asked by the Centre to look into 73 chit fund fraud cases, has over 90 per cent of its posts vacant, Modi said.
"With such a huge vacancy, how will SFIO probe a matter of such importance?" he asked and demanded a CBI inquiry into the case.
Modi, who is also the chairman of Empowered Committee on GST, said till completion of a thorough inquiry into dealings of these companies, a ban should be imposed on their operation as they were taking advantage of loopholes in the laws.
"The central government should intervene and make changes in the law to plug loop holes," he said, adding that he has been long demanding formulation of rules for such steps.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!