Bihar Dy CM`s vehicle attacked at Khagaria carnage site
Patna: Incensed over the midnight carnage in Khagaria in which 16 people were killed by suspected Maoists, angry locals stoned the vehicle of Bihar Deputy Chief Minister Sushil Kumar Modi and jeered at his ministerial colleagues when they reached the site, 240 kms from here, on Friday.
The angry villagers of Amosi broke the police cordon,
attacked Modi`s vehicle with stones, jeered at others
accompanying him in the convoy and shouted anti-government
slogans, police said. However, Modi and Bihar Land Reforms
Minister Narendra Narayan Yadav who were in the vehicle
escaped unhurt, official sources said.
Agriculture Minister Renu Kumari Kushwaha was in a car
behind Modi`s vehicle in the convoy. The state Director
General of Police Anand Shankar was also travelling in one of
The mob was pushed back by the police, the sources said.
Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had sent the ministerial
team led by Modi to make an on-the-spot study of the situation
at Amosi Dharen Biara village, and asked them to submit a
report by this evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!