Bihar eases process of land donation for charity
Madhepura: Bihar has simplified the process of gifting land for construction of charitable institutions like Aganwadis, hospitals and schools, Chief Minister Nitish Kumar said on Friday.
The land could be donated in the Governor`s name and the district magistrate was authorised to accept it, Kumar told a review meeting.
The chief minister asked district magistrates to inform people about it and asked officials to make it a hassle-free process ensuring that the donor was not forced to make a round of government offices.
He instructed officials to run a special campaign for the next three months.
The meeting took stock of implementation of government schemes in Saharsa, Supual and Madhepura.
Madhepura Lok Sabha member and JD(U) national president Sharad Yadav was present.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof