Bihar elections: JD(U) list for 1st, 2nd phase polls released
Patna: Ruling JD(U) today released a list of
54 candidates for the first and second phase of the Bihar
Assembly elections retaining sitting MLAs except in Madhepura.
As per the list, Ramendra Kumar Ravi, a senior JD(U)
leader, will replace sitting legislator Manindra Kumar Mandal
The party also gave ticket to Izhar Ahmed for Gaura
Bauram in Darbhanga district for crossing over from LJP headed
by Ram Vilas Paswan.
JD(U), a partner of the NDA, will contest in 54 of the
92 seats in the first two phases of polling to be held on
October 21 and October 24. In the first phase, the party will
try its luck in 26 out of 47 seats and in the second phase in
28 out of the 45 seats.
The party declared its candidates a day after its partner
BJP released the list of 87 contestants against the 102 seats
it has decided to contest.
The list was declared after a marathon exercise by Chief
Minister Nitish Kumar with JD(U) national president Sharad
Yadav during the past three days.
Among those who figured in the list were state ministers
Renu Kumari (Bihariganj), Narendra Narain Yadav (Alamnagar),
Bijendra Prasad Yadav (Supaul), Hariprasad Shah (Laukaha), and
Ramnath Thakur (Samastipur), besides state JD(U) chief Vijay
Kumar Choudhary (Sarairanjan) and Ramai Ram (Bochaha), who had
recently resigned as chairman of Bihar Scheduled Caste
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez