Bihar elections: RJD`s list out, to contest 65 of 92 seats
Patna: RJD on Thursday released its first list of
65 candidates for the 92 constituencies going to poll in the
first two phases in Bihar on October 21 and October 24,
retaining its stalwarts like Abdul Bari Siddiqui and
The list was jointly released by senior party leaders
Illiyas Hussain, Shakeel Ahmed Khan and Ramkripal Yadav.
Except Ramchandra Nishad and Ashok Verma, the party has
retained all its sitting MLAs.
Among the party stalwarts whose names figure in the
list are state RJD Chief Siddiqui (Alinagar), Ramchandra Purve
(Parihar), Ram Prakash Mahato (Katihar) and Ramlakhan Ram
Speaking to reporters, Khan said the party while given
due attention to "M-Y" equations, has accommodated every
section of the society in the list.
He said women too would have their say in the party
tickets in the list for rest of the candidates.
Apart from the Siddiqui, Purve, Mahato and Raman, other
sitting MLAs in the list include: Akhtarul Imam (Kochadhaman),
Dr Abdul Gafoor (Mahishi), Shanti Devi (Raniganj), Lalit
Kumar Yadav (Darbhanga Rural), Musafir Paswan (Bochaha),
Pitambar Paswan (Rosera), and Ramvichar Rai (Sahebganj).
Under the seat-sharing arrangement, RJD has decided to
contest from 168 seats, leaving rest 75 of the 243 assembly
seats to its junior partner--LJP of Ramvilas Paswan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!