Bihar experiences coldest day of the season
Patna: A cold wave swept across Bihar with
the minimum temperature plummeting sharply on Thursday as the state
experienced the coldest day of the winter season.
A combination of dipping minimum temperature and chilly
wind swept the state to make the day the chillest day of the
The mercury went down sharply across the state with Patna
recording a minimum temperature of 6.5 degree Celsius as
against 7.9 yesterday, while Gaya remained the coldest place
in the state with a minimum temperature of 4.4 deg C as
against 7.4 yesterday, according to the MET office.
The minimum temperature in Purnia remained the same as
yesterday at 9 degree Celsius, while Bhagalpur recorded a
marginal increase in the minimum temperature at 10.6 degree
The same at Muzaffarpur and Chapra stood at 10.6 and 5.3
degree celsius respectively, it said.
The MeT office forecast of the next 24 hours indicated
continuation of the cold wave conditions with maximum and
minimum temperatures remaining between 15 to 7 degree Celsius.
The weather conditions affected rail services with a
number of trains running behind schedule by several hours
because of poor visibility due to fog, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda