Bihar failed to use central funds for development: Union Minister
Chapra: Union Minister Jitender Singh on Sunday criticised the Bihar government for allegedly failing to utilise central funds for development of the state.
The UPA government had allocated Rs 90,000 crore for development and welfare of the state and its people, but the state government failed to utilise it, he told a press conference here (headquarter of Saran district).
Singh, who was here to campaign for Congress candidate Jitendra Swami in the bypoll for Mahararajganj parliamentary seat, criticised the NDA government for claiming development in Bihar, saying he was yet to see any change on ground.
The Union Minister of State for Sports exuded confidence that the Congress nominee would win the Mahararajganj bypoll hands down and prove to be a precursor to better results in next parliamentary polls.
Singh, earlier on arrival in the state capital by a commercial flight from New Delhi, condemned the Naxal attack on a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh yesterday and demanded strong efforts by state governments to deal with the scourge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!