Bihar failed to use central funds for development: Union Minister
Chapra: Union Minister Jitender Singh on Sunday criticised the Bihar government for allegedly failing to utilise central funds for development of the state.
The UPA government had allocated Rs 90,000 crore for development and welfare of the state and its people, but the state government failed to utilise it, he told a press conference here (headquarter of Saran district).
Singh, who was here to campaign for Congress candidate Jitendra Swami in the bypoll for Mahararajganj parliamentary seat, criticised the NDA government for claiming development in Bihar, saying he was yet to see any change on ground.
The Union Minister of State for Sports exuded confidence that the Congress nominee would win the Mahararajganj bypoll hands down and prove to be a precursor to better results in next parliamentary polls.
Singh, earlier on arrival in the state capital by a commercial flight from New Delhi, condemned the Naxal attack on a convoy of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh yesterday and demanded strong efforts by state governments to deal with the scourge.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Chemical factory blast sends shock waves in Dombivali near Mumbai; 3 dead, over 100 injured
- HC stays Haryana government's decision to grant 10% reservation to Jats, 5 other communities
- Unveiled! First teaser poster of Riteish Deshmukh, Nargis Fakhri's 'Banjo' – View pic
- REVEALED: Harbhajan Singh tells what he told Aussies after which they stopped sledging him
- Facebook bids goodbye to desktop ad exchange